Starmind for HR Onboarding
- High staff turnover
- Low employee satisfaction
- High onboarding cost
- Delayed or reduced employee productivity
- Poor handover from candidate experience to employee experience
How can Starmind help?
A well designed onboarding process can add tremendous tangible value to an organization and its employees. As a part of this process we recommend integrating Starmind into the onboarding flow as it brings the following benefits:
- New joiners have instant access to a company's entire network of peers
- The most frequently asked onboarding questions can be covered without the need for continual repetition
- A SME / direct Managers onboarding workload will decrease over time
- New employees will spend less time searching for answers and will be ramped-up and more productive in less time.
- Quick & easy accessible knowledge which is available 24/7
- It allows for unbiased & agnostic knowledge sharing
What onboarding content could be covered on Starmind?
Basically everything which could be useful for a new joiner. Below are just some examples:
- Company overview
- Department specific workflows
- What is important for me on the first day?
- Tips & tricks about the country?
- Relocation FAQs?
- Introductions about OKRs & appraisal workflows
- Introduction about internal IT systems
- Information about group / leisure activities
A good approach to the above mentioned themes would be to create topic specific tags. By filtering the question stream based on tags, a user can easily find all the relevant content without the need to search for individual questions.
How can Starmind be implemented into the onboarding process?
Since every company and potentially many departments have their individual onboarding process the right approach can differ from company to company. The sky is the limit, but below are some examples how Starmind can be implemented:
- Refer to Starmind in the new-hire packet
- Introduce Starmind to new employees during the official welcome day
- Personal introduction via a new joiners direct manager
- Have Starmind implemented on the companies intranet
- If a component of the onboarding includes self-learning via an LMS tool think about creating a Starmind Module and cover the most important parts how the platform can enhance an employee's daily work life
How to measure success?
We recommend measuring the impact of integrating Starmind into onboarding workflows by monitoring the metrics suggested below. These can improve over time after Starmind has been a part of the onboarding journey:
- Time saved searching for answer
- Improved agility
- Ramp up time / Speed up productivity
- Retention (reduced leavers in the 6 month to a year category)
- Reduce burden on direct managers answering questions
- Reduced effort in updating LMS onboarding presentations due to the availability of up to the minute information