Email notifications are an essential part of notifying experts and ensuring questions are answered quickly in your network. We strongly suggest keeping user emails toggled on and encouraging users to do the same.
There are four types of emails that Starmind sends.
A user performs an action that immediately triggers an email; examples include:
- User sign-in or user sign-up
- Reset/forgot password
- Flagging/reporting questions (email sent to the list of users who receive notifications when a question is flagged or reported)
*Feedback (email sent to Starmind)
A user performs an action that immediately triggers an email for one or more external people:
- Invite external users by sharing question or sharing an answer with them
These emails are triggered when a user performs an action that impacts one or more other network users. Types of notification emails fall under three categories:
- Your content (answer rated, upgraded, question commented on, etc.)
- Activity involving you (mentioned in a comment or answer, recommended as an expert, etc.)
- Questions you follow (a new comment, answer validated, etc.)
Notification emails can be customized in the following ways:
- Users can enable or disable specific notification emails on their user settings page or via the link provided in the email footer
- Email is only sent out if the user isn't considered online (the user was not online in the last five minutes)
Hint Emails (Stats & Facts)
System triggered emails that include network-specific stats and facts.
The admin or user can customize these emails in the following ways:
- User gets only a certain number of emails per week
- Hint emails are scheduled by frequency (user gets an email every two weeks per default)
- Hint evaluator decides which user will receive which hint email
User can enable or disabled hint emails
Updated 7 months ago